Sustainability at BWC Civil
Here at BWC Civil, we are dedicated to sustainable and environmentally-friendly practices. Given that many of our projects involve close proximity to natural landscapes, we take our roles and responsibilities seriously.
This commitment to the environment extends from reducing, reusing and recycling in the workshop to our Environmental Policy on all works completed. Every member of our team understands that strong environmental ethics is the key to the long-term growth and sustainability of our company.
Minimising the environmental impacts of our services also involves keeping our team up to date with all relevant environmental laws and legislation. We take pride in our culture of sustainability and readiness to embrace eco-friendly construction practices as our business evolves.
Sustainability in the Workshop
Some of our workshop sustainability practices include:
- Use of energy-efficient LED lighting throughout the facility
- Rainwater collection and use on the property
- Shredding and reuse of waste paper for animal bedding
Sustainability on Site
Some of our on-site sustainability practices include:
- Provision of skips for on-site sorting of recyclable waste
- Recycling and reuse of building waste materials (steel, aluminium, sand)
- Use of eco-friendly and recycled materials (eg. roadbase, profiling and drainage aggregate)
Our Environmental Policy
BWC Civil & Earthmoving is committed to providing sustainable and environmentally responsible services to all of our projects. In every project we take on, our team will focus on a set of achievable goals and objectives that comply with environmental legislations and minimise the environmental impact of our operations.
To maintain our commitment to sustainability, BWC complies with the following environmental policies:
- Supply adequate resources that ensure the proper environmental management procedures are followed to assist environmental and community protection.
- Operate and comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Promoting awareness and commitment to environmental management amongst our employees, sub-contractors and other relevant parties working with our company.
- Identifying alternative, financially viable and sustainable courses of action to minimise environmental impacts, including recycling and reusing.
- Ensuring the prevention of pollution and the protection of sensitive environments, fauna and flora.
- Minimising construction-related impacts on the surrounding environment and community, including those related to dust, fire, hazardous materials, noise and vibration, surface and groundwater quality, land contamination and the preservation of Aboriginal heritage.
- Striving for efficiency in our use of plant, equipment and vehicles.